Because A Friday Treat is the Perfect Way to End the Week!

Friday 30 December 2011

White Chocolate and Raspberry Flapjacks

So this week, all has gone well and unlike last week I’ve actually managed to write a recipe! It’s been a busy week, obviously with all that eating and drinking and generally having a good time but I’ve pulled through.

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas, I for one had a great time. Christmas day itself involved getting up very early to open presents (I know. I’m 22 and still can’t sleep on Christmas morning . Ridiculous) and then giving over the next 24 hours to fun, family and food and wasn’t the amount of food ridiculous!? I know in our house we had Christmas pudding, trifle, Christmas cake and a cheese board for dessert alone (although we’re not really massive pigs, it’s just the one time of year when all tastes are catered for). Needless to say I still feel full!


One thing I have particularly overindulged in throughout the past week has been chocolate so I decided to avoid a chocolate-heavy recipe for this week’s Treat Friday. Don’t get me wrong, it still has chocolate in it (rude not to really) but as only a minor flavour in the overall recipe. I had thought of maybe coming up with some sort of light, healthy treat this week to counter balance previous indulgences but seeing as we haven’t reached New Year’s Eve yet there probably wasn’t much point!


White chocolate and raspberry flapjacks it is then. This recipe, like most of my others, is open to interpretation. If raspberries or white chocolate aren’t your thing, leave them out and substitute with your preference, sticking roughly to the quantity guidelines. One of my other favourites with these are blueberries but of course you can always leave any additions out and just have the plain flapjacks, they’re still delicious! This recipe is also great because it’s pretty much a one pot wonder – well two if you include the cake tin – and this is perfect for me as I really hate washing up. 


So have a go with this recipe and be creative with it. There aren’t many people who don’t like flapjacks so these will be perfect to serve to anyone who might be visiting you over the new year, I for one will be taking some with me as a gift when I head out later today to spend New Year’s Eve in North Yorkshire! At this point, it only remains for me to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I’ll be back this time next week – new year, new recipe!


Some final tips before you get started:
  • Well...these don’t really require and tips. They’re really straight forward! Have fun and enjoy!


White Chocolate and Raspberry Flapjacks
170g Butter
60g Light Brown Sugar
200g Golden Syrup
1tsp. Ground Cinnamon
300g Rolled Oats
100g Raspberries
75g White Chocolate, roughly chopped(plus 10g extra for decoration)

20cm Square Cake Tin

1)      Preheat oven to 180◦C, grease and line the base of a 20cm square cake tin.
2)      In one saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cinnamon and heat until simmering. Leave to simmer for two minutes before removing from the heat.
3)      Stir in the oats until well combined before carefully folding in the raspberries. Finally stir in the white chocolate (it will melt a bit but this is completely fine).
4)      Pour and press gently into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
5)      Once cool, melt the remaining 10g of white chocolate and drizzle over the flapjacks to decorate.  Leave to cool before slicing into small squares.

Makes 20 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recipe works as a treat every time

Unknown said...

Made these on holiday and they were so good I'm making them again! Great recipe, thank you!:)

Post a Comment